Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And the month of curly hair begins...

I am an awful blogger (please forgive me Jane). To be fair, I am pretty sure all two of you reading this were warned before I left that this would be the case

Most importantly, special birthday shout out to LAR.

Tonight is bittersweet. As of a week ago, or even two, I was very ready to leave Buenos Aires and move onto Salta. Now that it is my last night here, I am kind of sad to leave this city and little hotel with hot pink lettering that we have (embarrassingly) come to call "home." (Picture to follow as soon as I upload)

So after a month of museums, spanish lessons, tango, cafes, more Spanish, more tango, markets, an opera, and more cafes I am leaving Hotel Reina (at 4:45 am mind you) and starting the second part of my Argentine experience: Isonza.

For the next four weeks we will spend Monday- Friday living at a school (Isonza) in the Province of Salta, team teaching English & physical education, developing a micro finance project & a garden and best of all: wait for it, wait for it.... building a pig pen.

GOALS FOR SALTA:
1. do not let the kids find out that i am the lazies person... EVER, while teaching PE
2. continue to improve my Spanish
3. teach English that will be useful and do it in a fun way
4. spend as much time as possible learning from the students
5. name every pig
6. never lose a game of apple scrabble
7. blog frequently
8. take pictures
9. not fall off a mountain during tomorrow's group bike ride
10. try to enjoy every moment

not sure what the internet situation will be for the next month. one night in a hostel tomorrow, then 4 in a home-stay before my first week at Isonza. send good luck vibes for the bike ride pleaseeeeee.


oh, did i mention that electricity goes off at 10pm every night at Isonza? Something tells me this and my sleeping habits are not exactly going to mesh.

adios buenos aires. "see you next time"















2 comments:

  1. Please do be in touch after the bike ride!!!!!! I believe in you Jen!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very nervous about this bike ride. Also, you're teaching PE? I want lots and lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete