Friday, May 14, 2010

Estoy en un barco

Buenos Dias!

Woke up a little while ago. The house is beautiful and I slept great except for the fact that I think they make walls here about a centimeter thick. Every time a car goes past it actually sounds as if it is coming straight for us.

So yesterday we spent mots of the day in Tigre before we left for our home stays in Buenos Aires. We went to a puerto de fruta, or fruit market, in the morning and then took a boat down the delta to another island for lunch. After some mate, we left Tigre and drove to our home stays. Tess and I are together in Polerma (??) (a neighborhood in the north of the capitol city). Our madre has three children, two of whom we have met.

We ate dinner with our madre and her younger daughter who is a little older than us and then went to a tango club. The tango was really cool to watch. Apparently last night was a more "serious" night than they like so neither of them danced but Tess and I did both danced with an 80 yr old man. COOL.

All day yesterday we tried to only speak in Spanish, or at least mostly speak in Spanish. Clearly, not easy for me, but as ridiculous as this sounds, I think I got a little better even in just one day. By the time I was going to sleep I felt as if it was easier to try and think in Spanish than English because my brain was automatically trying to translate things even though I didn't need to. Hopefully my brain will hurt a little less and less each day.

Our host family speaks approx. ZERO english. thank goooodness Tess is here with me or I would probably spend three days nodding my head and saying "esat bien, si, perfecto." Either way, our host mother said something to us possibly including "no no sleep more I am going shopping my daughter is upstairs" but then again, who knows. Today should be rather adventurous...

No comments:

Post a Comment